Poor City Find Out Who Accrington Stanley Are

Last updated : 14 October 2017 By CNS Sport
Accrington Stanley 1-0 Coventry City  
Coventry City: Burge, Grimmer, Stokes, Willis, McDonald, Doyle, Devon Kelly-Evans (McNulty 61), Stevenson, Biamou (Ponticelli 86), Jones, Nazon (Vincenti 90). Subs: O'Brien,, Davies, Shipley, Beavon.
Accrington: Chapman, Hughes, Donacien, Richards-Everton, Nolan, Clark, Jackson (Wilks 76), Kee, McConville, ThornIley, Conneeley (Johnson 85) Subs: Brown, Wooland, McLeod, Sousa, Rawson.
Goals  Sean McConville 14
Att 2, 828
Coventry City went down to a 1-0 defeat away to Accrington Stanley. 
Another new ground for many was too much to resist and the Sky Blue Army was out in force for the trip to the Crown Ground at Accrington Stanley.
Over 1400 tickets had been sold and the City support took over the terrace and the seats and out-numbered the home support.
Mark Robins made two changes with Ben Stevenson and Duckens Nazon coming in for a game which saw the home side have an early free kick and two corners. 
In the sixth minute, Stanley's left winger Sean McConville was allowed space to cut inside and sent a shot on the cross bar which was put out for a corner.
Burge then save from Nolan for a City side in their grey away kit.
Duckens Nazon turned in the ninth minute and volleyed just over before Jones got through and lobbed the keeper only for the ball to go wide.
Accrington took the lead in the 14th minute when Sean McConville got space down the left and fired into the bottom corner. He then cupped his ears and gave the City support the biggie, prompting the stewards to speak to a number of City supporters incensed by his actions.
Clark fired into the side netting, Jack Grimmer fired wide at the other end.
City had Ben Stevenson, who volleyed wide in the 28th minute booked and five minutes later, as the home fans tried to abuse the City support, McConville had a deflected shot which hit the bar.
Nazon won City a corner in the 40th minute but it was easily cleared and it was another minute before Jones curled over as the sun came out on a cloudy afternoon.
Accrington won a corner and McConville volleyed well wide before the half ended and City were booed off. 
The queues for a beer, meant many missed the start of the second half and they missed City struggling to find ways through an organised Stanley defence and midfield although Jones did get through in the 53rd minute before firing wide of Chapman's left hand post.
The 1,494 City supporters, which included supporters from Denmark and Northern Ireland, were becoming disgruntled. A tame Nazon shot on the hour mark drew a "We've Had A Shot'' chant,
Nazon tried his luck again a minute later and this time Chapman had to beat his shot away for a corner. 
Marc McNulty was sent on the last thirty minutes replacing Devon Kelly-Evans in a City team that had Jones firing at Chapman's legs. 
Nazon won another corner and Doyle fired at Chapman in the 64th minute.
Biamou went down in the area in the 68th minute. The City support, which was unusually quiet for an away game. appealed for a penalty but the referee said no. A bottle was stupidly thrown on to the pitch in the direction of the referee. It missed him and was immediately cleared from the pitch by a Steward. 
The game continued with a couple of shots for the home side. A ball hit the hand of a Stanley defender but nothing given. Nazon then dragged a shot from twelve yards wide and McNulty headed over.
City won an 83rd minute corner. McDonald got in a header but Chapman was able to grab.
Chapman pushed a Jones shot away before Jordan Ponticelli came on for the last four minutes.
That saw a number of petty fouls.but this was another day when City were not good enough and an excellent support was left to head back down the M6 after spending time and money to see a City team which continues to have problems finding the net.
Pictures copyright of CNS Sport