Norwich City 1 - Coventry City 1

The home crowd finally came to life as Norwich started to take control of the game. A wonderful move involving half of the home side ended with Paul McVeigh finding the overlapping Adam Drury on the left. The left-back's cross pinged through the six-yard box and it needed just the faintest of touches, but nobody was there.

Action switched to the other end as Coventry's Dele Adebola getting a free header, but lacked power as it sailed over the bar.

Darren Huckerby and Drury were proving to be a real threat for City down the left and on 34 minutes they set up Peter Crouch with a header at the far post, which was deflected out for a throw and from that an identical move produced the opening goal.

This time the striker directed his header downward to the near post, where up popped IanHenderson to head home from just two yards.

The Sky Blues started the second period in determined mood and twice within a minute Gary Holt denied them with a brave diving header, then blocking Gary McAllister's shot.

Holt could do nothing about the penalty, however, the Sky Blues were awarded for a handball against Craig Fleming.

McAllister made no mistake from the spot, blasting the ball to the keeper's right as Robert Green dived the other way.

Youssef Safri produced a well-hit long-range drive and then this was followed shortly by Julian Joachim, who had a glorious chance to put his side ahead.

Nigel Worthington attempted to give his struggling side a hand on 68 minutes bringing on midfield playmaker Phil Mulryne in place of the tiring Damien Francis.

Things went from bad to worse for Norwich on 78 minutes. They were hard done by as Coventry's captain Mo Konjic made the most of a challenge from a defender Malky Mackay. This earned the defender a second yellow card in the space of eight minutes, reducing the Canaries to ten men.

Craig Pead then tried his luck from all of 35 yards on the right, but it was an easy catch for Green as the home side hung on for a point.