If Coventry City want to make money from a cup competition this season then the FA Cup is the one to do it.
The winners of the Capital One Cup get a meagre £100,000 for winning with £50,000 for finishing as runners up, plus what they make in ticket sales etc compared to £180,000 for winning an FA Cup Fifth Round tie and £1.8m for winning the final.
Prize money for the FA Cup from the First Round proper which City will enter this year on November 3rd is as follows:
- First Round Proper winners - £18,000
- Second Round Proper winners - £27,000
- Third Round Proper winners - £67,500
- Fourth Round Proper winners - £90,000
- Fifth Round Proper winners - £180,000
- Sixth Round Proper winners - £360,000
- Semi Final winners - £900,000
- Semi Final runners-up £450,000
- Final winners - £1,800,000
- Final runners-up - £900,000
No details of prize money are available for the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.