City Ladies Hit 12 Before Match Is Abandoned

Last updated : 20 November 2011 By Covsupport News Service

Coventry City Ladies 12-0 abd 45 Kingshurst Ladies

City Morgan, Steele, Manley, McKenna, Durrant, Barber, Sweetman-Kirk, Barlett, Mellow, Farrow, Simkins. SNU Lynch, Dermody, Wood, Male

HT CCLFC 12-0 KSCLFC Referee Joe Clarke

Goals Durrant 4, Sweetman-Kirk 5,30,42 Simpkins 12,19, Farrow 16, 39, 43 Bartlett 21,32, Mellor 44 _______________________________

Coventry City Ladies Birmingham County FA Womens Cup tie against Kingshurst Sporting Club Ladies was abandoned at half-time.

The Birmingham based side arrived late for the 1pm scheduled kick off time with only eight players for this game at Coventry University and when the match did kick off 23 minutes late, they were soon facing an onslaught of a City team containing a good number of players who had played against Sunderland last week.

Milly Durrant, who had a fine game, put City ahead after three and a half minutes and before the fifth minute Courtney Sweetman-Kirk fired home. City were missing as many chances as they were scoring but in the 12th minute, Emily Simpkins added a third, slipping the ball past the keeper.

Callen Barber hit the bar and the Sky Blues had two goals ruled out for offside before Kim Farrow made it four with a shot on the turn.

 Simpkins finished well in the 20th minute for number five and 75 seconds later, Kerry Bartlett got herself on the scoresheet with a diving header.

Kingshurst went down to seven players in the 28th minute when one of their players limped off. There was no let up from the Sky Blues and on the half hour mark,

Sweetman-Kirk finished well. A low drive from Kerry Bartlett made it eight in the 33rd minute. Steele and Durrant attacked down the flanks at will as the Sky Blues were camped in the Kingshurst half. The visiting keeper made one splendid save but could do nothing as Kim Farrow slotted home for number nine in the 39th minute.

In the 42nd minute, Sweetman-Kirk completed her hat-trick for City''s tenth which became twelve in the space of two minutes with goals from Farrow to complete her hat-trick and Jade Mellor slipping the ball past the keeper''s left.

A Kingshurst player had picked up a kick just before the interval and with their coach refusing to field one of the two injured players for the second half, referee Joe Clarke who had a fine game, had no choice but to abandon the game.

The Birmingham County FA will now decide on whether the match has to be replayed or the result stands.