McNulty Brace Helps City To A Win

Last updated : 20 January 2018 By CNS Sport
Coventry City 3-1 Swindon Town 
Coventry City: Burge. Grimmer. Willis, Davies, Stokes, Shipley, Doyle, Bayliss. McGuire-Drew (Dion Kelly-Evans 68), Biamou, McNulty. Subs: O'Brien, McDonald, Barrett, Stevenson, Beavon, Ponticelli 
Swindon: Charles-Cook; Preston, Lancashire (C), Robertson; Gordon (Brophy 75), Dunne, Banks, Anderson, Iandolo; Woolery (Mullin 71), Norris (Richards 63).  SUBS  Henry, Purkiss, Knoyle, Taylor, 
Goals Max Biamou 18, Marc McNulty pen 21 & 81. 

Att  8 ,643

Coventry City worked hard and beat Swindon Town 3-1.
The snow was coming down on a sad afternoon at the Ricoh Arena as the City support came to terms with the loss of Cyrille Regis but it stopped after Mark Robins named an unchanged team and Swindon named former City keeper Reice Charles-Cook in goal.
After a minute's applause, the game kicked off with a run and shot from Jordan Shipley which won the first of two corners.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, stadium, crowd and outdoor
Swindon won their first corner of the game in the sixth minute. Lee Burge came out and missed and thankfully. It was put out for a goal kick.
Burge flapped at ther next corner which led to another before the City support broke into more applause for Cyrille Regis.
Chris Stokes conceded another corner and the visitors twice fired over.
Then the game burst to life when the ball came over and Max Biamou superbly smashed an 18th minute volley into the net with a goal which opened Biamou's account.
City had two more chances and in the 21st minute, the Sky Blues were awarded a penalty. Marc McNulty, who had been brought down, stepped up and scored and it was 2-0.
Tom Bayliss and Jack Grimmer worked well together on the right for City and were always trying to create something.
Swindon pulled a goal back in the 38th minute when Banks scored despite looking suspiciously offside initially.
Burge pushed a pile driver onto the bar and then caught another as Swindon, who were well organised, went looking for an equaliser.
Both sides won corners in the opening twelve minutes of the second half before Swindon had a free kick and there was a mad scramble which saw the ball coming off the woodwork and the line.
Lee Burge, who had a fine game made a great block before Mark Robins brought on Dion Kelly-Evans for the last twenty minutes.
The game ebbed and flowed between two good sides on a pitch that was showing the effects of the British winter and in the 81st minute. City wrapped up a victory when Marc McNulty curled home with a neat effort to give City a 3-1 win.