City Invade MK Dons And Leave With A 1-0 Win

Last updated : 27 January 2018 By CNS Sport
MK Dons 0-1 Coventry City 
Coventry City: Burge Willis. Grimmer, Stokes, McDonald. Bayliss, (Dion Kelly-Evans 82), Doyle, Kelly, (Stevenson 75), Barrett.(Shipley 58), Biamou. McNulty. Subs: O'Brien, Hyam, Vincenti. Ponticelli.
MK Dons  Nicholls, Williams, Lewington (C Ebanks-Landell 55), Wootton, Upson, (McGrandles 75), Cisse, Sow, Agard (Nesbitt 65), Tavernier, Gilbey, Ugbo. subs: Sietsma, Muirhead, Rasulo, Brittain.
Goals Max Biamou 62 

Att 14,925

Coventry City are through to the FA Cup Fifth Round after a 1-0 win at MK Dons.
And so the day arrived, FA Cup Fourth Round and Cup fever was in the air.
The Sky Blue Army had snapped up every official ticket of a 7,883 allocation and had plenty more in the home ends for this game at MK Dons.
The local pubs did a roaring trade on a wet afternoon before the Sky Blue Army got into StadiumMK, which was showing why the City support was restricted to the numbers it was, to see a City team with Rod McDonald and Liam Kelly back in the team and a first start for Josh Barrett.
With more City supporters than home fans, the noise was excellent as the game got underway.
A great block by Jordan Willis gave The Dons a corner in the opening exchanges and that followed up by a fifth minute caution for Michael Doyle, a free kick and a corner.
Ninth minute chants for Cyrille Regis and some Sky Blue flares were followed by City's first corner.
It was clear that MK Dons were not the push overs many thought they would be but they were suspect at the back and City were able to exploit this and win an 18th minute corner which the keeper caught.
The home side went up the other end and won a corner which Biamou headed away.
If there was a catch to be made, then Lee Burge made and if a block was required, there was always a sky blue shirt getting in the way.
Agard fired over before Bayliss, who another fine game,fired over. Both sides won corners with Barrett winning City's and another came in 36th minute thanks to good work by Biamou, who worked hard all afternoon.
Barrett sent the ball wide in the 40th minute as more corners followed.
McNulty had a 44th minute shot pushed away and Burge came out to block just before one minute was added and Barrett had a shot saved before the half ended.
City were out early for the second half, and looked lively and with a McNulty shot going just wide five minutes in.
Jordan Shipley came on for Josh Barrett for a City team which had to scramble away an effort on the hour mark.
Then, there were absolute scenes when Max Biamou got in and managed to squeeze the ball over the line and give City a 61st minute lead. 
There were flares, pitch invasions, kids being ejected after the stewards finally got involved as the goal celebrations went off the scale in the away end.
Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
The goal lifted everyone and now the Sky Blues were looking more of a threat every time they went forward with every City player was putting in a shift and the work rate was superb.
Ben Stevenson and Dion Kelly-Evans came on and although the home side had two corners late on, City dealt with it.
The referee Peter Banked should have sent off Ugbo for hacking down Biamou but today it mattered not as the Sky Blues had won a game that we had said was winnable as soon as it was drawn and so it proved with some absolute scenes yet again on the final whistle as Coventry City booked their place in Round Five.