Bad Day For City Ends With A Defeat

Last updated : 28 November 2018 By CNS Sport

Fleetwood Town 3-0 Coventry City

City Burge, Willis (Davies 62)!, Grimmer, Brown, Hyam, Doyle, Bayliss,Thomas, Hiwula (Andreu 68), Clarke-Harris, Chaplin (Bakayoko 80). Subs; Addai. Mason, Ogogo, Kelly, 

Fleetwood: Cairns, Coyle, Burns, Eastham (Bolger 51) McAleney (Ross Wallace 68) Madden, Morgan, Marney, Husband, J. Wallace, Evans (77). Subs: Jones, Holt, Bolger, Hunter. Ross Wallace, Sharon, Garner.

Att 2570 (421 City)

Goals: Dean Marney 51, Wes Burns 71, Ched Evans 71.

Coventry City were beaten 3-0 at Fleetwood Town on a very low day for the club.




























A day where the City support could do nothing but read the press statements and worry as to the future of the club, some of the support travelled to Fleetwood Town.

Some made a day of it, others stayed over for a game at Highbury where City in their third kit, fielded an unchanged team for this game on a wet night at Highbury.

City should have been ahead when Hiwula fired at the keeper in the 7th minute before the well abused  Ched Evans blasted over.

It was no surprise that that there was Sisu Out chants mixing with many chants backing the players or listening to see if there was any noise from the home support. 

Chaplin got on to a 28th minute Thomas cross but Cairns saved well with his legs.

Fleetwood were slightly the better in midfield and they forced Lee Burge  to save from a Willis attempted backpass.before Husband was booked for hacking down Thomas.

As the game went into stoppage time. Lee Burge made two good saves to keep it level at the break.

Wes Burns thumped the bar and then made Burge save early in the second half but in the 51st minute, it was the Cod Army who were cheering when Dean Marney smashed the ball into the net with Lee Burge helpless.

Luke Thomas has a 56th minute shot saved for a corner that came to nothing apart from a save from Burge at the opposite end.

If things were bad enough with injuries, Jordan Willis limped off and was replaced by Tom Davies for City who had Bayliss head at Cairns.

Tony Andreu came on for the last 20+ minutes and was on the pitch as first Wes Burns fired home from the right and then Ched Evans cut into score.

City were awarded a penalty in the 75th minute for a pull on Clarke-Harris. Chaplin took the kick but sent the ball well high into the terrace where some of the City support were.

Chaplin got a lot of abuse from some of the City support who saw Davies have a header pushed away for a corner and there was virtually no applause when he was replaced by Bakayoko with ten minutes left.

Clarke-Harris has two efforts saved and kept trying but after giving three goals away and missing a penalty, City were well beaten.