City U23's Held To A Draw

Last updated : 16 October 2017 By CNS Sport

Coventry City U23's 1-1 Bristol City U23's

City:  Addai, Ford, Hyam, Leahy, Maycock, Eccles, Dion Kelly-Evans (Burroughs  61), Bayliss, Finn, Haynes (Green 62), Thomas. Subs:  Bilson (GK),  Doyle.
Bristol City: Sesay, Parson, Baldwin, Dowling, Richards, Edwards, Balainson, Akpobire, Holden, Nurse, 
Coventry City U23's were held to a 1-1 draw this afternoon by Bristol City.
In a game with Richard Money and Terry Conroy amongst the scouts watching on,  Jason Farndon was able to field a reasonably strong team on an afternoon affected by storms and high winds.
City had the ball in the net in the second minute when a Haynes deflected shot was turned in but ruled out for offside. 
Haynes, who played well throughout, sent over a cracking corner in the 7th minute which Dominic Hyam got his head to but saw his effort deflected for another corner.
Haynes then ran through in the 13th minute and crossed for Kwame Thomas who somehow sent his effort wide. 
Bristol City put together a good move straight after but the header was well wide of Addai's goal.
Callum Maycock, who had a fine game! did well to hold the ball in the 35th minute and get it laid out to Devon Kelly-Evans who sent a shot wide.
Maycock then drilled a shot at the keeper before the half ended.
The visitors made three changes at the break but they were on the back foot early as Haynes made a raid down the left and then sent a free kick over.
With the wind howling round the Alan Higgs Centre and the sun as red as the visitors shirts,, City had three corners in a row with the final one being met by the head of Hyam and hacked off the line.
A City corner was followed by a forty yarder for the visitors missing it's target.
In the 61st minute, City took the lead when Maycock worked well to find Finn who picked out Ryan Haynes on the left. Haynes took a touch and smacked it into the net before celebrating and being replaced by Jack Burroughs with Dion Kelly-Evans going off and Lewis Green coming on.
Green found the side netting with eighteen minutes left and Bayliss had a shot saved.
With five minutes left, Bristol City had a free kick. It was sent up and was headed into the net.
James Norton hit the post in before the cards were out following a melee.
The match moved into the final seconds and Opi Edwards hacked Tom Bayliss down from behind. The City support felt a red card was in order but all he got was a ticking off from Amy Fearn.
The free kick was cleared and both sides had to settle for a point.