Another Low For City As They Lose To Forest Green

Last updated : 22 October 2017 By CNS Sport
Coventry City 0-1 Forest Green Rovers 
Coventry City: Burge, Grimmer, Willis,. McDonald, Stokes (Shipley 71), Kelly, Jones, Doyle, McNulty, Nazon, Biamou (Ponticelli 71)Subs:  O'Brien, Shipley, Davies, Vincenti, Stevenson, Beavon, Ponticelli.
Forest Green Rovers: B. Collins, Bennett, L. Collins, Doire, Laird, Traore, Osbourne, Cooper (Brown 76),, Gomes (Bugiel 60),                
Marsh-Brown (Lacovitti 60), Fitzwater. Subs; Russell,  Wishart, Randall, James.
Goals Keanu Marsh-Brown 28
Att 6,366.
Coventry City became the first side to lose at home to Football League Newbold Forest Green Rovers with a 1-0 defeat thanks to a Lee Burge fumble. 
When the entire population of Nailsworth can fit into the away end at the Ricoh Arena, the full horror of how far Coventry City have fallen is plain for all to see.
Mark Robins made two changes from the side which lost at Accrington for a game which saw the hundred or so away fans put in the corner of the main stand.
The team in a luminous green kit and a goalkeeper in bright pink, who have not won away this season, were the first to win a corner. That was in the 11th minute and resulted in a free kick which Cooper curled at Lee Burge.
It was not until the twenty minutes mark that City mustered a shot when Jodi Jones got through and lobbed the ball at Brad Collins.
A Forest Green free kick led to a corner. The ball came out to Keanu Marsh-Brown who hit a daisy cutter from twenty yards at Lee Burge who promptly fumbled the ball into the net and give the visitors a 28th minute lead.
Burge was jeered every time he picked up the ball, started a move in the 32nd minute which saw Grimmer fire at Collins.
Doyle then let rip with a shot which won the first of two corners followed by one for the visitors, whose keeper was wasting as much time as possible before the half which saw City booed off came to a close.
There were no changes at the break which started with a Nazon shot flying wide of Collins' right hand post. 
Jones won City a corner which came to nothing other than a goal kick for the visitors and provided more work for the ball boys who had done some good running. 
Jones and Nazon were both full of running but wasted too much time intrying to set up long range shots, a tactic Mark Cooper's side had long worked out.
Biamou got up to head wide a Nazon cross from the left in the 57th minute before the visitors went for a double change on the hour mark 
The crowd in a gate given as 6,366, which looked around 5,000, saw more time wasting by Brad Collins following Nazon winning a corner.
Many of the City support were trying to remember when they had seen City so bad as a Forest Green free kick sailed just over the bar.
Biamou could only fire wide before there was a big cheer when Mark Robins made a double change bringing on Jordan Ponticelli and Jordan Shipley for the last nineteen minutes.
Jones curled not far wide and Ponticelli got in a header at Brad Collins before Shipley won City a corner with fifteen minutes left.
Collins got down to push a Jones effort away for a corner which again was easily cleared. 
Nazon was booked for impeding Collins which saw the ball go upfield and the visitors have two efforts blocked.
Nazon fired high and wide to a ton of groans for a City side that lacked any urgency.
Seven minutes were added on. One fan got on the pitch before the end to remonstrate with some of the City players who could not find the net for the third game running and it was another defeat.